.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mini Miracles

So this week. Oh boy. This week. It's been...interesting that's for sure. We've been helping people in the ward with moving and cleaning and all of our appointments have been falling through. And it's freezing. Yup, don't worry about it it's just July and 10 degrees Celsius. Legit I'm wearing a scarf today...yeah... haha I guess that's what you get in good ol' Canada! haha But yeah, it's been a rough(ish) week. Started Monday night we had our lesson with Justin fall through because they've been having lots of crazy stuff happening lately. So Justin and his wife Lorena live with Lorena's sister Yvette. Yvette has four crazy kids and they all live in the same house so it gets a bit chaotic over there! But I guess Lorena has been having some issues lately and was in the hospital and so on Wednesday or so we went over to talk to her but she wasn't home so we chatted with Yvette and her husband (they're on a break) was in town because he was also in and out of the hospital and so we talk with them for a while and have interesting conversations and then the next morning Yvette calls us in a panic asking for Sister Howie's address and we're getting for her and she's like I'm sure you're going to find out anyway and tells us that last night after we left her husband got super duper drunk and sped off in their car, ends up turning a corner way too fast, hits a gas line, swerves into a house and boom explosion, three houses up in flames. So she was making sure it wasn't the Howie's house or she would have "never been able to see her face again." Yeah, crazy stuff right? He's in the hospital waiting to recover and then he's going off to prison, poor guy. But yeah, they're having a hectic week, send your prayers in their direction please!
Oh yeah, so we've been cleaning houses right? Sister Walton even commented and told me that she's never seen girls my age clean so well, I told her I got it from my momma ;) haha Sister Fenn thinks I'm crazy because I like to clean so much but I wouldn't have to clean so much if she wasn't so dirty.........haha jk but really though. I don't mind it it's quite calming for me.
And also this past week: Sister Fenn and I are opposites to say the least so sometimes we have some contention between us BUT this week I think all of the hard things really brought us closer together so yay! I'm happy about that. We do this thing every week at the end of our weekly planning called Companionship Inventory where we tell each other their strengths and how they can build up weaknesses, ask for help, share goals, resolve any issues and so forth. So I really love this part because I recognize that we have things we need to fix but Sister Fenn totally dreads it and would ignore it completely if I wasn't so persistent haha so we were doing our comp inventory and we talked it all out and the next day was a walking day and we like actually talked a lot! Which is awesome because usually I can't get a peep outta her. I always ask question after question after question and got brief responses but this time and times after were much much better! WOOHOO I'LL MAKE HER LOVE ME I WILL.
We also got to work a lot on planning for our ward family home evening activity that is tonight that we're ultimately going to have to move to the chapel :( instead of outside at the park because it's toooo cold. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be fun! We also planned out our Ward Mission Plan to get all the members involved with setting and keeping and making goals! I'm all about goal making it's great.
So with all the cancellations and all the members gone for holiday this week would have been a total bust but yesterday night it was all made up for! So there is this family, the Leavitt's, who we've been trying and trying to visit for weeks. We've stopped by countless number of times and no one was ever home. So Sunday night we have about twenty minutes until we can go back home and we've already attempted to stop by 7 members who weren't home and we're like what the heck why not?! So we're parked across the street from their house and we say an extremely heartfelt prayer, open our eyes, take a deep breath and then BAM she pulls her SUV into the driveway and HALLELUJAH! OUR PRAYER WAS ANSWERED within SECONDS it was a miracle. So good. So good.
Anyway, that was my week! Pray for me so I don't freeze to death please.
That is all. Thank you so much for the video Momma, I can't believe Lynx is walking so fast! He's just so darn cute. And Anna and Logan are in Colorado now??! Who woulda thought. Do you have an address for them? Or tell Anna to check her email would ya? I LOVE YOU ALL!!
xoxoxoxoxooxox
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment