.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 12, 2013

Oh My My My

Oh boy. So I guess Monday was a Canadian Civic Holiday? All the libraries were closed so we couldn't email. And then on Tuesday we had a big ol' Zone Conference all day pretty much so we didn't have time to email then either. So here I am, Wednesday night, at the library emailing all my favorite people! Start by saying thank you so much, Anna, for all the pictures you mailed me. So much better sending the flash drive so I could see SO MANY! Little Lynx is growing so fast! Can't believe he is walking and getting hair cuts and is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. And know what else is growing fast? Anna's belly! You look so good preggers, it's amazing. I'm glad everyone is doing so well. Can't believe school is starting for Fletcher...thank heavens that's not me haha and thank you Alison for the updates and the pics! Holy macaroni can't believe Reid is home. So weird. Give him a hug for me please.
Anyway, this past week and a half has been so lovely! Last Monday seems like so long ago I had to look in my planner to remember what happened. But we had our ward Family Home Evening that didn't turn out as we had planned but it was still a success. We wanted it outside but it was freaking cold so we had it in the gym and played games and practically ran out of food, but it was still great! Both our investigators and their families came and participated and totally loved it so that's all that matters anyhow haha.
Also, last week, last Wednesday, we had exchanges! I just love exchanges so much. Instead of staying in Arbour Lake like I did last time, this time I went to the North Stake in the Coventry Ward with Sister Sagers. She's six foot five and skinny as a pole. Super funny and I just love her. She just got a new companion at the beginning of the transfer and I guess they kinda sorta clash a ton just like me and Sister Fenn so it was nice to know we weren't the only ones. Sis. Sagers really opened up to me about their situation which was such a blessing because she's like Sister Fenn and I'm like her companion Sister Johnson so it was good to get the inside scoop of what was going wrong and how to fix it. Anyway, we did a full day of walking and tracting, like knocking on doors and it was great!! I totally loved it. I love knocking doors, it's my favorite. Not the most efficient way of missionary work but you get to meet tons of new people and it really builds my testimony. Having people slam doors in my face is quite the experience but instead of bumming me out I'm more sure of the reason why I'm out here in the first place. Why I'm spending my time spreading the gospel instead of at school, or in a career or whatever else it may be.
Then on Sunday we had a little day of miracles. So Sister Fenn and I have been working a lot on making a Ward Mission Plan to get the members involved with missionary work. We finally finished it by Friday, presented it to Brother Palmer on Saturday, then presented it to Bishop Evans Sunday morning during PEC(priesthood executive council). They loved it, bada boom bada bang. Then the young women in the ward invited our investigator Lisa to go to sunday school with them and she was just so happpy to make new friends! After church I asked her how it went and she was beaming! "I made two new friends today! and we're going to get frozen yogurt this week!" It was so cute! I'm so happy for her.
We also got to teach our investigator Justin on Monday. We were planning on teaching him the Gospel of Jesus Christ but as we were starting with faith it turned into a lesson on tithing. He said he thought people telling him to "just have faith" were saying it as a cop out and all that which is understandable for him to think. So we talked a lot about what faith means and how we can increase it. Especially through acting, like with tithing. It went great! The Spirit was so strong. Gaahh so amazing.
A novel later...my bad. But it's jsut so fabulous. Our zone conference yesterday was just what I needed to hear. All about exact obedience, asking inspired questions, using the scriptures, and more greatness from President and Sister Nicholas and his assistants. So great.
Time is flying!
Prayer is a life saver. So comforting, always. TRY IT.
Love,
Sister Davis
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment