.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 19, 2013

Dont Worry, I'm Still Alive

It's been crazy busy. YAY!
I don't have much time but I thought I'd let you know I'm still breathing, still working hard, still loving every minute of missionary work.
So: Alma 20. I read it this morning during study and it changed my life. Lamoni's father's heart was softened because of Ammon's 'great love' for his son, Lamoni. Shows us how important it is to have love and charity for everyone because we are an example to those around us and their perceptions can change according to the way we treat others with kindness and loyalty. Mmm it was a good one. I really love the Book of Mormon so much. I tell Sister Fenn every morning how great it is I'm sure she's sick of it by now but it's just so darn amazing I can't get enough! Every story brings so much more light and strength into my life. Even if you're just reading it to read it, it can be pretty entertaining too I catch myself laughing as I picture the events taking place in my head. But more importantly are the lessons we learn from it. Just like in the Bible how Jesus teaches others through stories and parables that are full of symbols that we can relate to our lives depending upon our faith and knowledge. Same goes for the Book or Mormon. I just read and read and read and gain and gain and gain so much! Gah I love it.
I love it all. We're teaching some kids in the ward who are preparing for baptism and we watch the restoration video with them and tears form in my eyes every time. The Spirit is so strong that there is no denying the feelings that come into my heart and I know that the Holy Ghost is testifying to me the truth of the restored gospel. It's so important for us to be constantly asking our Father if this gospel is true. Constant, continual conversion is what keeps us fresh and keeps us building upon our faith and our foundation.
I really liked what Alison wrote to me from Reid's talk about becoming the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. Got me thinking a lot and realized there's always room for improvement. So I made a list of goals and I got started! 
Thank you for all the prayers and emails and letters, they make me happy and keep me going.
I love you!
xoxo,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment