.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'M HAVING A BABY!


                                                    
That is right, folks! I'm preggers. Haha I don't know if all missions use these terms or what but when you train someone they are your baby and you become their mom or dad and so forth so that means that I'm training this next transfer! I get to meet her tonight when all the new missionaries come in from the MTC. I'm super excited to meet her and I just already love her so much! So when I got the transfer call the assistants called in the morning and told us that there had been something up with the financial records in the office for our living and we needed to call Elder Bryant (the older man that's in charge of all that stuff) and they gave us his 'new' phone number. So we call Elder Bryant and he's telling us that our fridge is using up too much power and they're getting billed for it. He tells us to go over to the fridge to look for a knob in the back and we're searching and searching and can't find anything and we're so confused and he's like "usually it's behind the pickles on the second shelf, or at least that's where it is on mine" and this is where we're sensing it's a little fishy.. and he asks "what kind of food do you have in there anyway?" and Sister Fenn tells him and he replies "well you better start buying some softer foods because Sister Davis is having a baby!!!!!" hahahah we were dying laughing and it most definitely was not Elder Bryant haha they got us good.
So then we had a training meeting on how to be trainers and it was so great. President Nicholas really laid down the rules and holy macarole do I have a lot of responsibility or what!? I have so many goals and such that I'm working on so that I can be the best trainer for my baby girl. Need to be an example at all times, not that I'm not already trying my best to do that but my awareness has been amped up a bit. I'm nervous, but way psyched. And I know that I can turn to the Lord for help, He's good at that.
Anyway, lots of great things happening. Lisa and Devin have been slowly but sure progressing. She's been getting really confused as to what to do because she really wants to be baptized and doesn't know if or where she wants to move out to since she can't be living with Devin unless they were married which yikes I wouldn't recommend for high school kids. Sister Fenn and I actually taught the young men and women during sunday school about eternal marriage this week. Still trying to wrap my head around why their teacher asked us to teach it you know since we're uh single missionaries? haha but whatevs it was interesting and I learned a lot, mostly how important temple marriages are and how much a group of 15-17 year olds don't listen very well haha It was good though.
Yes, it was great. Today, since it's transfers week, is p-day so we're all gathering as a zone to have a picnic! So precious right? My whole district is either getting transfered or going home so it will be a cute little goodbye to them and then it will just be me alone here with my new missionary. It's hard, you know, you get so attached to people and make really great friends with them. Sister Fenn and I have actually been getting along amazingly well lately and it will be weird not to have her around anymore..buuuut I'M SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT SO I CAN MEET HER! I'll tell you all about it next week.
 
Love you,
Sister Davis
 
 
                                                       mine and Sister Fenn's title of liberty

                                     having too much fun (it's a soda pop beverage don't worry)
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment