.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

She's a Keeper

Oh joy! I love my life! So. Here's what has happened lately.
Last week on Wednesday night we all drove to the Willow Park Chapel in Calgary to meet all the new missionaries coming in hot and fresh from the Provo MTC. For lack of better words, I was totally freaking out. So all the newbies (yup, that's not me anymore!) were sharing their testimonies I was trying to figure out which one of them would be with me. So nervous. Then they took turns getting up to read their new assignments and the first sister gets up and she reads "Arbour Lake Ward"!!! That's mine!! I go up to greet Sister Waller with a fatty hug and then we sit down on the left side of the chapel together and I ask her where she's from and wait for it she's from Gilbert!! Such a tender mercy from the Lord. For a bit she was actually living right by Kino Jr High so we know all the same places and gaahh so good. Then we parted for the night and then Thursday morning we went back to transfers to see all the missionaries going to new places and say goodbye to those going home or going South. Sad times, more of my fave friends have left but made room for the new friends right?!
So Sister Waller is fabulous. She's 24, graduated from ASU and taught first grade for two years before deciding to serve a mission. She's so smart and enthusiastic and we're totally best friends. We get along great. I think she's a bit overwhelmed with all the work and all the new faces but I mean who wouldn't be, that was me three months ago! Ha
But it's marvelous. We've been out walking and talking and already picked up a few potential investigators that we're seeing this week which we're super excited about. Lisa Kelly picked a new date for a baptism that we're working toward and we're trying to help her boyfriend Devin have some real intent lately. Please pray for them!
We're also working a lot with goals. Man oh man so many goals. We have personal, companionship, ward, zone, and mission goals! SO MANY it's hard to keep up but I just try my bestest to become the missionary my Heavenly Father wants me to become.
It's hard though. Training's hard. Lots of responsibility and trust that is on me..I still feel like I barely got here, oh wait? Ha It's good though. Daily learning and growth means we're progressing! I hope you all are having a great week! I love you!
xoxo,
Sister Davis
 
1) our four generation picture!
Sister Waller, me, Sister Fenn, and Sister Douglas (Fenn's trainer)
2) me and my baby girl! we were waiting for da bussss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment