.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Stand All Amazed

Oh joyous day!
Those pictures you sent me of Lynx: ADORABLE. It should be illegal to be as cute as he is.
And oh I am so happy to hear about Kenzie and Sarah's adventures in China and Italy! Like wow. The pictures look so amazing and of course reading your stories are hilarious. I miss my friends so much but I'm so proud of them all for going out and being all over the world whether it be serving the Lord or for work or whatever it may be! Gaah. Such great examples I have to learn from.
So many lovely examples everywhere! The ward here is beyond amazing. All the people we've seen this week Sister Waller and I just walk away gawking at how fantastic they are. We just started a goal making thingy for the ward to get people focused on making progress in "Perfecting the Saints, Redeeming the Dead, and Proclaiming the Gospel." My personal fave is proclaiming the gospel so we're helping ward members to do just that yayyyy.
And the other missionaries I serve with here are great examples to me too. Our district is like brand new to this area and we had our first district meeting last Wednesday and oh my gosh it was amazing and so inspiring. Elder Krogue is DL and we love him. He's so focused on the work and brings quite the bond within our district it was amazing. He helped us to really study on serving the Lord with all of our "heart, might, mind, and strength" and we broke it down to the bone and really got me super psyched about my purpose and a good re-charge mid week.
Sister Waller and I were planning to go door knocking that night and it would be her first time doing so...she was nervous, as was I the first time I did that BUT IT WAS PHENOMINAL. We knocked doors for less than an hour and a half and taught two whole lessons and got three return appointments! The Lord is always watching over us, we just needed to put in our all to see the blessings thereof. We met Miranda, Cassidy, and Terry that night and we are meeting with each of them either tomorrow or Wednesday this week so please keep them in your prayers! I really hope that they will recognize the peace and happiness that comes with living the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. OH AND another miracle happened. So we had a man from a different ward call us and tell us about their friends who wanted to join them at church so he said he'd be bringing them to our ward yahoo! The family is the Jakin's; Christine, Joe, and Tristan (10) and they are so amazing! We met with them on Saturday just to get to know them and give them a friendly face to see at church yesterday and they are so prepared to hear our message.
The Lord has definitely blessed me this week and I know that He is blessing you too even if you might not think so He has given us everything in this life. And I mean everything. He loves each of His children unconditionally and wants us to return to live with Him so He's provided us with a way to do just that. Ah, what a marvelous plan. What a marvelous Father.
I hope each of you have a wonderful week. I think of you and pray for you often. I LOVE YOU!
xoxo,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment