.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, September 30, 2013

Full House

OH JOY.
It is just great.
Last Monday night we had the privilege of having family home evening with the Jakins at Bishop Evan's house and it was lovely. Went all out too with songs and lessons and activities and treats! It was fun and then dun dun dun Bishop told them that Joe wouldn't be able to baptize his family. Yikes. Christine was devastated, had to leave the room crying. It was no bueno. I was sad for them but it's more important for them to all be baptized as a family together than to separate it blah blah blah it was a big tangled mess for a bit but now it's all situated and they are simply grateful that they are able to be baptized! Man oh man am I looking forward to that glorious day coming up in the next couple weeks!

Also something else wonderful that happened: we went to the temple! Woohoo Bishop and Sister Evans were nice enough to bring us to the temple on Friday and it was amazing. Simply amazing. It had been way too long, like three months for me! I wish I could go every week. Anyway, the Lord has been blessing me with little big spiritual moments that build my testimony every day this past week. We've been tracting a lot which means we see a lot, a lot of people who have different beliefs than I do and I knew that I needed to have an even stronger, more unshakeable testimony of each principle of the gospel to help me from feeling discouraged when people reject the invitation to learn more. So I asked Heavenly Father to help me do that. And every day, no joke, He blessed me with an undeniable Spirit blast to the heart on a specific principle within the Plan of Salvation. Brings such comfort to know that God knows me personally and that he knows how He needs to reveal truths for me in a specific way for it to make a ever lasting impact on my heart.
Also on Friday we helped Sister Palmer paint her basement. Sister Palmer did the top line and around door frames, Sister Waller did the bottom line above the baseboards and windows, and this girl got to use the fancy roller and painted my heart out doing all the middle. My hand was cramping and got stuck like a claw for a while but we finished the whole basement over the course of two days so holla. Plus, when we were over there ZLs brought us our mail! My fave. Downed those cookies and trail mix in like thirty seconds while listening to my childhood gospel CD. Love it. THHANKS a million.

So Saturday. Oh boy. Lisa Kelly miraculously texted us and said she'd be able to meet with her a 4:30 so we were super psyched and made sure that we were at the stake centre on time and then we get a text saying she'd be 15-20 minutes late, which was fine we could wait, take some more time to prepare. Then it turns into 45 minutes and ladies start showing up to start preparing for the Relief Society Broadcast that starts at 6 so we help out with that, cutting pies and putting out table cloths and still no Lisa. The broadcast starts and then at 6:30 we get a text, "we're here!". Geez. I was probably more frustrated than I should have been but I was thankful that we were able to see her at all! Lisa's baptism date is in two weeks and she's still living with Devin. We're trying our hardest to help her realize that's not okay but Devin (with the help of Satan) is very convincing otherwise. I just love Lisa so much and I know how much it will be a blessing in her life to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. What a difference it made in my own life. I'm praying she will make the right decision sooner rather than later.

Then on Sunday it was fast and testimony meeting which was wonderful as always. Probably more so because sitting right next to me was the Jakins family and they always bring a smile to my face to see how much the gospel has already changed and improved their lives. Sister Waller and I also were asked to give a presentation to the ward during the combined third how on the goals that our ward is working on. It went really well and I can't even tell you how thankful I am that I have a companion that I love so much! The whole ward can see the difference and they are getting more and more pumped every week. Enthusiasm is contagious! All I can say is that it's so important to remember that our ultimate goal is to live with our Heavenly Father again and that He trusts us with trials here on earth so that we can learn, grow, and succeed. Setting goals like daily scripture reading and prayer help us to progress and prepare ourselves for when these trials come that we will be able to stand tall and strong.

I hope you always remember this.

Have a fantabulous week!

Love,
Sister Davis xoxo

p.s. CAN'T WAIT FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE NEXT WEEK! Get ready! Have a question ready that you want answered
Pink skirt club with Sister Howie and Sister Hinckley!


No comments:

Post a Comment