.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lights On

Transfers are tomorrow...I'M STAYIN. Holla. Thank heavens! I love serving here in Arbour Lake with Sister Waller. I don't know what I would have done if I had to leave the Jakins before their baptism! Cried. Yeah, I would have cried a lot. Not that I haven't been doing that a lot recently anyway. I mean, lets get real, I cry all the time you know that! But this week there has been lots of tears, mostly good tears though so yay.

First, there was general conference. So of course that means tears. Multiple times. But it was so good! I don't have many conferences to compare this one to but I'd say IT WAS THE BEST OF THEM ALL. I loved President Uchtdorf's. He's amazing. And Elder Soares. And all of them. So for Saturday morning session we went to our less active Lisa Martins house and she made us breakfast and then we watched all together it was great! Her nonmember husband even watched with us which was a little miracle. Then Saturday afternoon we went to the stake centre and watched it with all the other missionaries. I made sure to bring my new blanky I bought from Target last week (YES they have Targets and I was in heaven). It's so fluffy i'm gonna die!!

So get this. As we're running out to the car Sunday morning to go to the stake centre again for conference I'm rounding the car to the driver's side and there's little egg shells on the ground and my first thought is aww that's so sad they must've fallen from the tree! But boy oh boy was I wrong. Our car got egged. Can you believe that?! Like who does that.. When we went to the Whitehead's yesterday to help Sister Whitehead do some baking/cooking her husband was outside cleaning it for us, isn't he a sweetheart?! Anyway then for the Saturday afternoon session we went to the Jakins house along with some other families in the ward. They are great at fellowshipping!! Except when we got there Christine was having a little freakout. Darn Satan. She was pacing all over the place fuming. She was really upset when she found out that during the baptismal interview they ask about committing crimes, having abortions, or participating in homosexual relationships but they don't ask about other sins like people raping or beating children who don't get convicted. She just didn't understand and didn't listen to us when we tried to explain it to her.. So we called up to President and he talked with her to try and answer her questions and calm her down. It sorta kinda helped but just resulted in tears unfortuneately. But then we took a breather and went back downstairs to watch conference (we'd missed the first 30 minutes or so) and by the end she was all calm and collected and it was great. We even played the board game that Sister Waller and I made. It's called Celestial Pursuit. It's adorable if I might say so myself. I wish I'd taken a picture. It all worked out well and they are still super excited about being baptized so they can be sealed and that eternal perspective is what really matters so yay! It's going great.

So yesterday we had a district meeting, the last district meeting of the transfer and oh my gosh it was amazing. Elder Krogue, our district leader, is going home this week. And he decided that for our meeting we were all going to share with eachother the circumstances before our missions that brought us here and why we're staying. It was the most spiritual time ever. Where else can you sit in the room with six nineteen/twenty year old boys who are bearing their testimonies and just bawling their eyes out. It was so tender. I have the greatest district ever! I'm sad that a couple of them are leaving us this week.

OH YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Just thank you! I got the "wallpaper" in the mail on Friday and that's another reason for happy tears this week. I have the best support in the whole wide world. I love all of your sweet messages and I'm so grateful for each and every single one of you. I couldn't have asked for a greater eternal family.

I have so thankful to be serving the Lord. I've been having a lot of lightbulbs going off in my head lately as I've been getting my priorities in order. Loving the Lord, and serving Him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I know that this is where He wants me to be. I know that Heavenly Father loves and knows all of us personally. He's always there with open arms. Don't be afraid to ask! I hope you know that too.
Have a great week! I love yoU!

XOXOXOXOX
Sister Davis
 Sister Waller and me at the temple.
 My fave place to be!


 We had to stop...

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment