.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jakins

The Jakins Family. That's all I have to say. They are absolutely wonderful! The second time we went to their house to meet with them they had just been reading, reading, reading everything! Joe and Christine both got the Gospel Library App on their phone and Christine was telling us she practically had to pry it out of Joe's hands before bed time. I love it. We were teaching them about the restoration and we weren't even half way through it before we set a date for baptism!! GAH SO AMAZING. Sister Waller asked little Tristin why he wanted to be baptized and he replied, "Because I want my family to be together forever." Oh my gosh, my heart just melted right then and there. I love that their ultimate goal is for their family to be sealed in the temple because having that as their vision just helps everything else fall into place. I know that the Lord prepares people to hear the gospel and boy, oh boy, are they prepared or what! I love them so much. It's easy to love them. Heavenly Father is so present in our lives I just love that they were able to find that out for themselves so they could feel of the love and joy that He brings into this world.

During my personal study yesterday I was reading in Helaman 8 and when I read verse 25 it really got me thinking. So it talks about giving up the "treasures in heaven" for worldly treasures, or at least it does the way I interpreted it ha and it sparked a thought in my mind about the topic of success. What is success? Is society's definition of success different from Heavenly Father's definition of success? Our whole point to being here on Earth is to prepare to meet God and the way we do that is through the gospel of Jesus Christ, faith, repentance, keeping and making covenants with our Heavenly Father, and enduring to the end by continually following his commandments and making righteous choices. That, to me, is what success is. Not all these fancy cars or monster houses or riches upon riches, but instead to be blessed with the "treasures in heaven." That's what I want anyway.

Yes, it's been a lovely week in the Arbour Lake Ward. Fabulous weather. Loving people. Amazing companion. I couldn't ask for anything more!

I hope you have a wonderful week!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
SISTER DAVIS

  Me and Sista Waller with our pretty blue pamphlet making member visits

Me and my girl Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment