.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 19, 2013

Miracles on Miracles on Miracles

OH MAN OH MAN! What a great week this has been!
A while ago we had our Zone Conference where President Nicholas promised us that if we did our two and a half walking days every week we would see success in our area. We took him up on this and walked like crazy this week (which I love! the weather has been pretty nice lately knock on wood so it's very enjoyable outside. maybe even a little warm sometimes...Sister McIntyre told me I'm turning into a Canadian since I'm acclimating and stufffff haha). Anyway, so we walked loads and talked to errbody that was in our path. But it wasn't until Friday that we started to see a difference.
So Friday morning we started the day with a little zone get together...Elder Burns, our zone leader, was leaving to go home the next day so we all got together and did Tim-Tam Slams in remembrance it was so fun. Let me explain a Tim-Tam Slam. It is divine! So there are these cookies that are called Tim-Tam's that are like rectangular chocolate wafers covered in chocolate. So you take a little bite of opposite corners and then dip one side into hot chocolate and suck it up like a straw and once the hot chocolate makes it through you quickly pop the whole cookie into your mouth and let it dissolve and oh my goodness it's amazing. Ah-mazing I tell you! So yeah, we did that. So I guess AFTER this is when we started to see a difference haha
We called a referral that we had from church headquarters, her name is Aleah and I spoke to her on the phone and she's great! She's a less active member and right off the bat asked if someone in the ward could give her a ride to church holla! And then we went to another less active's house, Lisa Martin. I love her she's great! We made cinnamon rolls with her and then she and her husband Alan also fed us dinner. Oh my the cinnamon buns were also delicious. Sister Fenn made this cream cheese frosting that she had memorized the recipe for and it just made the rolls so so good! Gaah so much for a diet HA. So the little tender mercy at the Martin's was that Lisa said she was looking into signing up for an institute class this year, score! I really hope she does because that would be so great for her.
Then on Saturday morning we helped out at a "Fun Run" at the Arbour Lake Community Centre. and we got to talk to lots of people there. Then afterward I guess Arbour Lake won community of the year or something like that and some magazine threw them this big block party at the lake so even more people came it was great. Planted some seeds of happiness there.
And Sunday was the miracle of all miracles. After church Lorena brought her 11 year old daughter, CiCi, to us and we found out that she wants to take the lessons and get baptized! Yay! Then we met with our investigator, Lisa, and her boyfriend, Devon and we talked a lot and then Lisa's like "so the bishop said I should talk to you about picking a date for my baptism..." Boom so she picked August 31st and Devon also said that if he got an answer than he would be baptized on that date too! Holy Macaroni, right? It was great. The best part for me, a big testimony builder, was that in the morning I decided I would fast because Sister Fenn and I had prayerfully made some transfer goals that we wanted to accomplish that we hadn't made any progress on and our transfer is coming to an end at the end of the month and I couldn't take it anymore so I fasted. And all day I was just rejoicing in my fast because I knew that in the Lord's time blessings would come and we'd be able to make progress on our companionship transfer goals and then low and behold before I even broke my fast the Lord blessed us with two new investigators and two of our investigators on date! What a miracle. I know that the Lord is watching out for us and all he wants us to do is to do something about it. We have to put some work into our prayers, into our lives, in order to receive His blessings. And it is so worth it! I am overwhelmed with happiness for Lisa, Devon, and Cici!! They won't even be able to comprehend the amount of joy that will come into their lives as they follow Christ's example.
I'M ON A SPIRITUAL HIGH, FOLKS!!!!!!! I hope it lasts foreverrrrrrrrr.
So yes, I love it here. I love being a missionary. Thank you for the prayers, I can feel them! The Lord loves each and every one of us so much and knows us individually. Such a blessing to have this knowledge.
I hope everyone is having a great week! My heart and prayers go out to you all.
Love,
Sister Davis
 
me and sister strathearn in the fudgery in Banff SO GOOD
 me and my fave Lisa Martin
 making Cinnamon rolls
 walking lisa martin's cat, Maverick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment