.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Time Flies

I can't believe it's been two months! Anyone else? Wowzas. I survived my first transfer and have buckled down for numero dos. Sister Fenn and I have lots of new goals and ideas for this transfer mostly relating to finding more people to teach and bringing the members in the ward closer together.
We've actually been planning a ward party for next Monday for some time now which has been..interesting. Ha our ward mission leader Brother Palmer took off to Montana for two weeks spontaneously and couldn't text or call us. So we were kinda in the dark during our meeting with Ward Council before church yesterday, but I think it still went well and everyone is really going to pull together and get it going so we can have lots of yummy food and fun games to play! I'm really looking forward to it.
So with transfers happening last week that meant that 33 new missionaries came into the mission from the MTC! Lots of them, it's great I'm no longer the newbie! And people got all switched around from area to area as well so we had 8 missionaries in our zone that were new/transfered that I'd never met before so we had a zone meeting to get to know everyone a bit better! There is even an elder from Gilbert, yay Arizona! and I met a sister Gardner from Mesa when we were doing service too! We went to high school together? I don't remember her but she said she knew my girl Sarah. So yeah, that was fun! Anyway, at our meeting we made little flags as a companionship (called them title of liberty's which comes from the book of mormon) and we could put whatever we wanted on them that represented us as a companionship. So Sister Fenn and I wrote our companionship scripture, 2 Nephi 31:20, on it and then drew the Calgary temple with a path leading to it and us walking on it with people around us we were bringing with us! It was darling if I might say so myself.
Oh yes, and a continual thank you to all the birthday wishes, cards, gifts! Ya'll are the greatest. I got a new t-shirt this week, actually two, but one was a present, I believe from Anna and Logan, someone confirm this for me because it had no names attached to the package.. but it is blue and says "This guy loves Jesus." Classic! haha I love it. We all get mail at the same time so all the elders and sisters that were around got quite a kick out of it as did I! I'm totally wearing it today for pday. And the other shirt I got was for the Calgary Stampede! It says "Hell or High Water" for all the flooding and such, but Sister Fenn and I HAD to have one to always remember!
Ahh. Good times, good times. The week has been great. Lots of hard work that I know I could never do alone and am obviously getting some heavenly help from which I am forever grateful for.
I hope every one is having a great week! a great summer! stay cooooool. Take a swim for me.
xoxox love forever and always,
Sister Davis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment