.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday to me

First of all, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! I could definitely feel all of your love this week, especially on Tuesday :) So all day it was so fun. The member we live with, Sister McIntyre, took us out for lunch at this vietnamese restaurant called Pho which was way delicious and so we were runnning a bit late to our zone training meeting and we're like great everyone is already here waiting and right when I opened the door to the room all the missionaries just burst into song, singing happy birthday to me as I made it across the room to an open seat and it was just so precious. I kept thinking this is such a great day they are so sweet it can't get much better than this. and boy oh boy was I wrong! After our meeting and between dinner was your average missionary day just teaching some lessons and visiting some members and then we headed on over to our dinner appointment at the Sutor's. So sister Sutor and her daughter Kenzie are just the greatest people ever. I knew that they had something planned for my birthday, like a cake at max and so when we pull up outside the house and I see a bunch of pink balloons outside I'm like they are just amazing! So i'm really touched at this point and we walk up to the door there are little signs outside that say "The party's here" and "happy birthday princess" and then I get to the front screen door and can see the kitchen table and it is all decked out in pink polka dots with decorations every where and I'm freaking out because it's so adorable and so nice of them and I walk in the front door saying oh my gosh this is great thank  you thank you and then i turn and BAM! All the sister missionaries in our zone and our zone leaders are in the living room saying surprise and it was so great!!! Sister Sutor threw me a pink princess party and invited all my missionary friends over for dinner and dessert and they even got me presents and gave me a birthday girl pin and a pink sequined cowgirl hate to wear for the night! Is that not the best thing in the whole world or what? The missionaries were real good at keeping it quiet haha. and the zone leaders made a special trip to the mission office so I even got to open a couple birthday packages and letters on my real deal birthday! It was like you guys were there. So thank you to my dear Kenzie, and the fabulous Brown family, and my lovely sister Anna and sweetest cousins Mattie and Erin for all the love. (And Sarah too! I got that package on Thursday so it was like a whole birthday week it was great!) But yeah. It was a great day. I can't help but smile when I think about it! I just love everyone so much. I even used some of the cake ya'll sent me to make treats for our potential investigator Susan and she loved them so thank you!
The rest of the week was all fabulous too. Lots of member visits and a few lessons with investigators. Justin is really progressing yay! and is feeling more and more comfortable with asking questions which is good. And Barb is so close. She is looking for courage so pray for her please. I love her. And Lisa hasn't shown for church in like three weeks bummer. And we met some really great people this week too. I met this man Dave in the library when I was supposed to be doing some training online but instead I taught him the whole plan of salvation and got no training done at all OH WELL haha he took our card and hopefully he'll call...same with another man Ross we met in front of his house while he was washing his motorcycle.
We got to do service again this past week! On Saturday we went to Okotoks and worked at a park laying down sod, like rolls of grass, all day.They are going to turn it  into a refuge for all the displaced people from the floods so they are really buckling down and getting all back together for that. And it was lots of fun and heavy lifting! And there were lots of worms. Elder Burns said he would pay me 10 bucks if I ate one so we shook on it and i totally did. It was rather repulsive, tasted like dirt, with a gnarly after taste but hey- I'm ten dollars richer! haha
So it's transfer week this week which means I made it through my whole first transfer of six weeks! yay! i'm  not going anywhere but some of the elders and sisters in the zone are leaving, a few are even going back home! which is sad because it's some of my most favoritest elders leaving. i'll miss all of 'em but that just means more friends are coming! woohooooo!
But yes, it was a lovely week. Really though, thank you all so much for all the love!
xoxox
Sister Davis
 
the district yay
and the elders going home just look at that gorgeous cake i made
                                                                                                                                  


my birfday cake!
sister matangi, elder burns, me and sister sutor getting the sparklers ready :)




No comments:

Post a Comment