.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, March 17, 2014

This Week

OH boy.
Tuesday: Exchanges with Sister Bowers, we were in the MTC together so that was the bestest reunion! We did lots of walking and freezing and picked up a newb named John! What a nice guy. He's looking to turn his life around and we're going to help him do it lilili! It's going to be wonderful. Those short 24 hours Sister Bowers and I spent together were completely amazing. It was really nice to be with a companion and just have overwhelming unity with one another. The Spirit was so strong in all of our appointments and it was really inspiring. Sister Maynes and I have been working on that so much lately but we haven't gotten to that "one"ness quite yet but I know that it's possible so that's my hope for us!

Wednesday: We had just gotten done with our dance party at the Good Samaritan's (old folks home) and we were walking outside and I thought we should go see Sister Plevza. She lives across the street in another old folks place called Blue Sky Lodge and she is a very active member and our plans were to go knock on less active doors and so I start to have this battle inside my head thinking "do I just want to go see her because I don't want to be walking outside in the cold or do we actually need to go see her?" You can see my dilemma, I didn't want to be wasting time. So I give in and we start heading over there. Before you can get through the doors you have to punch in their room number and she answers and we say "Hi, Sister Plevza?" and she quickly replies "Come on in!" Like we didn't even tell her who it was....so we get to her room and she goes "I was just praying to Heavenly Father that He would send you girls to me again because I didn't have your phone number or anyway to get a hold of you and I needed to talk to you about my friend Belle, you see, she needs to get wet!" hahahah so the Spirit's amazing. And we're hopefully going to start teaching her 89 year old friend next week whoop whoop!

Friday: Our investigators Heather and Chris invited us over for dessert and we taught them all about the restoration of the priesthood. It was awesome. She's having medical problems with her pregnancy right now and we've been super worried about her like she's way overdue and having lung and asthma issues so she's going to have to go to Calgary because the Lethbridge hospital can't treat her. So after we taught the priesthood we asked her if she would like a priesthood blessing, she responded "yeah line 'em up!" haha she's a hoot!

Saturday: We helped our less active Amy paint her living room it was a blast!  And she wanted me to free hand "Come what may and love it" up on her wall with a big honkin' tree under it lol I tried my best and she loves it so I guess that's all that matters. We'll add all the leaves next week probably..we had a mishap with the green paint and it was all dried up and nasty..

Sunday: Sabbath is my favorite. The Harris' gave the talks in sacrament and they did wonderful. On how to strengthen families and on repentance. Both well needed subjects for everyone. What I took away from everything this week is that it's all about charity and the love that we have for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Every decision we make, every word we say, every thought we think, should be based on the love that we have for God. If I love God would I do this, or say that, or think this? With charity comes faith, patience, and hope. What a glorious thing, hey!

Thank you for your prayers!
xoxoxooxoxo,
Love always,
Sister Davis

P.S. THE SUN SHINES IN LETHBRIDGE! Short sleeves, no tights, and flats today 

 holla I love +2C

No comments:

Post a Comment