.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, March 17, 2014

Long One

Holy Spirit, Batman! Oh my, this was the bestest week ever. It all started on Tuesday during our Zone Training Meeting. It was the answers to my prayers and it really helped to get us focused on why we're here. Our zone leaders are super amazing and really care so much about us and the work that they know we can do. Elder Palmer had us all crying as we were all sharing the reasons we came on a mission and reminding us of our calling. Elder Bernal invited us to do the Check Your Progress assessment that we all packed away after our twelve week training program was over haha and we are going to do it once a week for the rest of the month. So Wednesday morning before study I went digging for mine in one of my suitcases. It's two pages of statements that we can rate ourselves on how well we're doing...mine had things circled from months ago when I was back in Calgary and let's just say it was an eye opener for me I didn't realize how much I was slacking. It's a lot easier to have a good attitude and work hard when you are having a lot of progress and so I guess I'd been losing that a bit since it had been pretty dead here for a while but that's really no excuse to be a bum (let's get this straight though, we've been working really hard and working lots but what needed to improve was my attitude and commitment to the work we were doing). So after I did that assessment I knew I needed to step it up for my Heavenly Father. I made some promises to Him and then during companionship study let Sister Maynes know what needed to happen and she was all in! So now we are aware and keeping each other in check and motivated! And let me tell you what happened! MIRACLES.

We promised to talk to everyone we saw (thank you to Hermana Brown in Peru for inspiring me on this one) even if it meant crossing streets or walking backwards to get to them! So ever since Wednesday morning that's exactly what we've done. Had some good experiences and some not so good experiences but the good ones are what we'll focus on lol we've been able to meet SOO many new people and invite kajillions to come unto Christ. It's awesome! We've also been doing "The Last Knock" which is where at the end of the night when we just want to go home because it's almost curfew we prayerfully decide on one last door to knock to keep us going and motivated to do the Lord's work and we have seen miracles from this! We met a guy named Damion on Friday while doing this and then had a lesson with him last night that was simply the most amazing thing ever! And then after his lesson last night we did it again and, wait, there's a little story there. So we're walking this street and are looking for THE house. The Spirit tells me it's the one right in front of us where the people are watching tv, but then Sister Maynes suggests the house to the right of it. So why not?! I say, they both need the Gospel right? So we go to the other house and there's a gate that we have to go through to get to the front door and I'm trying my hardest to open this darn gate and it just won't budge! Heavenly Father literally blocked this door from us to lead us next door to the original house where we met Melvin who we're meeting with for a lesson next week whoop whoop! So yes, God has blessed us with many miracles this week as we have been diligent and trusting in Him.

We also had the wonderful opportunity this weekend to hear from Elder Nelson from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was so neat! It was broadcasted again, just like with Elder Bednar came to Calgary. A lot of what was taught was something that Sister Maynes and I had been learning every day last week so it was confirmation that we were on the right track! We only have one more week in the transfer and we have only accomplished half of our companion goals so we really gotta step it up and start inviting everyone we see to be baptized haha it's gonna be good.

It's been a real up and down kind of transfer but now we're up and we're going to keep going up! Nothing will bring us down!!!! 

Wanna know something else super wicked cool? We went to the movies this morning as a zone! haha the Movie Mill is owned by a member in the stake so he put on our very own private screening of Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. It was amazing! It always makes me cry and it was a great way to start our pday. The Movie Mill also has mini golf and frozen yogurt so we just had the time of our lives this morning
And what the heck I'll throw in the embarrassing moment of the week just for fun! We were pixie-ing our less active with a nice little sticky note attack on her door that said "Always remember to smile!" and right as I'm putting up the last sticky note her dog starts barking and we totally freak out and turn to run as fast as we can and I didn't realize there was a step down and WABAAM I'M ON THE GROUND IN A MATTER OF SECONDS! It was hilarious we couldn't stop laughing! But don't worry we didn't get caught, and I'm not all that hurt just a few scratches that's all. I can't believe I made it the whole winter without biffing it on ice but of course the day that it's sunny and clear I face plant it, AWESOME.

Welp, remember, it's a good day to have a good, good day!

Love you forever and for always!
xoxoxo,
Sister Davis

p.s. sorry not sorry for the novel. so many more wonderful things happened that I keep remembering but by the time I was finished you really would have a novel so I'll send pictures instead, they're worth a thousand words aren't they?




 my fave sisters (maynes cooley and hendricks) at the movie mill nothing says fun like free popcorn yumm

me + sister christensen = hole in oners


No comments:

Post a Comment