.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, March 3, 2014

There is Sunshine in my Soul!

Two words: Pray ALWAYS. I've been learning a lot about that recently. I've been kinda slackin' with my prayers right before I go to bed because by the time I'm going to sleep I am completely and totally wiped out and falling asleep during prayers and all kinds of stuff. It was bad. BUT this week I made a very real effort to change that and to be more like Enos and just pour our my heart and soul to the Lord. Man does that feel good or what! I've realized the difference between perfectionism and becoming perfect in Christ. 

Perfectionism is trying to make everything perfect and being perfect while only relying on me, myself, and I. Things like having books aligned from biggest to smallest, and having clothes hanged in rainbow order, and parking in the same spot every time you go to the store or your whole shopping experience will be ruined.. Yes, I do all these things and it's not simply OCD.. However, being perfected in Christ is accepting him as our Savior and being obedient to his commandments because of our faith in his Atonement. We can't become perfect without Him, without his eternal sacrifice. He suffered for us and for all of our imperfections. He was hurt and mocked and crucified. But for what? For us! For you, and for me. This has never been so clear to me but through many prayers of asking in faith, I know that this is true and I will never deny it. Like one of my favorite songs "I'm trying to be like Jesus; I'm following in his ways. I'm trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice, But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers, Love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, For these are the things Jesus taught." So pure and simple. I LOVE IT!

This week was obviously wonderful. Sister Maynes and I have been searching high and low for more people to teach and were out walking, talking, and knocking. It was snowing and uber cold but we were prepared with many layers and warming packs of all different sorts. A member told us it was "inhumane" to be walking outside in the weather and it just made me think of Christ and all the pain and inhumane things he had to go through and we just kept moving forward. We have it pretty good here really! We have a home, and warm clothes, and food every night. We have so many blessings that it would take me hours to record them all down.

Also, I've been stalking lds.org for all the news and pictures from the Gilbert temple dedication. Boy oh boy are you guys lucky people or what for being able to experience that up close and personal! It's definitely on my bucket list to be able to witness a miracle like that. The Lord is building many temples for his saints and for our communities to learn more about our Heavenly Father. He has so much love for us it fills my heart!! My heart is overflowing!!!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU!
xoxoxox
Sister Davis

p.s. I found a cactus is Lethbridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment