.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 4, 2014

Walk and Talk

What a wonderful week full of learning and full of blessings. It was a little bitter sweet seeing Sister Smith getting on the bus to drive away last Wednesday and then having nervous butterflies waiting to see who my new companion would be but I'll tell you something, THE LORD HEARS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR PRAYERS. Sister Estrada is my new companion and she is absolutely wonderful! And we're mission-related. She replaced me in the Arbour Lake ward last year and was trained by Sister Waller, who I trained. So she's my granddaughter according to mission lingo, weird I know but anyhow it was nice to see a familiar face. Sister Gardner (from Mesa!!) and I were temporary companions while we were waiting for our new ones to arrive from Lethbridge and we went to lunch at some Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said that "An old friend will show you new people and new pleasures." It totally came true lol....I'm just glad I didn't get Sister Gardner's, "You will soon pass a difficult test." Yikes, I pray for her. Ha! Anyway, Sister Estrada is amazing. She's from the Philippines and is just the sweetest thing. She's so short and polite and very open about needing spiritual help from me which is nice. I love her so much!

A lot of things are changing in the mission too which is well needed. August has now become "Walk and Talk August" and our cars are parked. So we rode the bus today! That was fun! We're going to talk to one million people this month!! The whole mission, together. It will be awesome.

I love change. It's my favorite. When little things that used to be important become unimportant and when big things that I thought were unimportant become important, yeah those are the best realizations. And I know that I wouldn't have been able to figure those things out for many many years if I hadn't come here on a mission. I think everyone should serve a mission. EVERYONE. You'll never regret serving the Lord.
Best and worst of the week: Best- Having Sister Estrada as my companion and being courageous and inviting so many people to come unto Christ! Worst- getting hugged by an intoxicated, half-naked native man while downtown on Friday. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Give yourself three compliments today.

Heavenly Father loves you, no matter what.


XOXOXO,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment