.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 11, 2014

Alma 7:23

A broken heart and a contrite spirit. That's all He asks of us. 
To follow His will. Humble, submissive, meek.
Patient, temperate, easy to be entreated.
All attributes that the Son of God exemplifies every single moment. 
Completely selfless, perfectly loving, without fault or sin. 
My favorite part though: Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to accomplish this alone. He doesn't ask us to live this way by ourselves, relying on our own talents and abilities. He didn't throw us into this world and say "good luck." 
No. He provides us help. He provides us a way. He provides us a Savior.
What a loving Father in Heaven we have!
I know that Jesus Christ is there for me. I know that if I humble myself and trust in him I will be blessed with eternal life. 
I know these not because I heard someone else say them or because I read this out of a book, but I know this because the Holy Ghost testified of these things into my heart, and I can never deny them. 
Sometimes we're asked to do hard things. Hard things that seem impossible. Sometimes we want to give up, sometimes we want to turn away, and sometimes we want to fall in. But what I've learned is that we must give up our pride, turn away from sin, and fall in love with Jesus Christ. Because with Christ, nothing is impossible!
This has obviously been a week of learning for me, it always is. But I am grateful for the trials, for the set backs, for the road blocks. And I'm even more grateful for the prayers, the scriptures, the comfort.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, SUNSHINE. The storm will pass.
Man, I love this gospel so much! Happy, happy, happy!
xoxoxo,

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment