.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, July 21, 2014

He is Divine

In the last few months if there was one thing that the Lord has been showing me the most I'd say it was how much the Holy Ghost has an impact on our hearts and how He can soften even the hardest hearts to prepare them to receive the restored gospel.

First, there was Manuel, who I was blessed to be able to watch change from stubborn and set in his ways to accepting baptism in Christ's true church and submitting to the Father's will. 

And now, an even greater miracle named April Walton. When I came into the area a few months ago she had been taking the lessons and preparing for baptism but then Satan pulled her down hard and the first time I met her she was telling us that she didn't want to be baptized anymore and that she never wanted to meet with us again. Pretty harsh coming from the lips of a twelve year old whom I'd just met but I had instantly loved her and continued to pray for her.

This last weekend she attended girls camp and when we saw her at church yesterday she was smiling and happy and the light of Christ was emanating from her smile! She was practically giddy when she asked us if we could come over that night! Like what?? My jaw practically dropped! So lasst night we stopped by and ended up planning her baptismal service for FRIDAY!! This Friday. Like in a few days, Friday. I'm still in shock considering just a month ago she was giving the cold shoulder. The Spirit really does work in the hearts of those that are willing to submit to the will of the Father. I'm so grateful for the tender mercies that Heavenly Father allows me to witness.

There has been a lot of wonderful things happening spiritual in these wards. The members are getting more and more excited every day about sharing the gospel, or good news, with their friends and family and that brings such a big smile to my face!!

Every day I am reminded by my Father how thankful I am for the many things that He has helped me to learn. I am so honored to wear a tag that has Jesus Christ's name right in the middle of it, bold and strong. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for me and my weaknesses, sins, and shortcomings. I know that he has felt everything that I have ever gone through and that if I simply trust in him he will provide the way.

The Godhead is divine perfection and all three members provide strength and comfort. Heavenly Father loves me and all of His children perfectly. Jesus Christ allows us all to overcome both spiritual and physical death. The Holy Ghost testifies and confirms truths to my heart that are impossible for me to deny. There is power in 3.

I pray that each of us this week can dig deeper into the Atonement of Christ and how each member of the Godhead plays a role in that marvelous event. I know that we will receive peace in the knowledge that we obtain and we will develop a greater love for our brothers and sisters and a desire to share these truths with them.

I love you all so very much and I am thankful for each and every one of you that are such great examples to me of wonderful people who are always willing to reach out and help all of those around you.
I hope you have a marvelous week!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox,
Sister Davis



p.s. this email is coming to you from the Banff Public Library! The Blum's took us here today to explore :) Sister Smith has never been here before so this will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment