.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 2

Holy macaroni! I can't believe it's already been another week. We leave on Tuesday morning to go to Calgary!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!
This week has been awesome. Hard, but awesome. Sister Harris and I are still getting along great which makes things a lot easier, and plus my district is WAY amazing which helps as well. I love it. So last Saturday after I emailed you guys we were able to go to the Provo temple as a district, which was lovely as always. But the best part was afterward and we were all getting together to take a picture. So we all know that the more people the harder it is to take a photo so we are all pretty rowdy and such and then Elder Whitlock is trying to show off his waterproof camera and just chucks it into the fountain....without even thinking. We just all look at each other and are like HOW in the heck are we going to get that out. The elders all have long button ups on and can't reach far enough down so Sister Mortensen comes to the rescue and as she's leaning over the edge a gust of wind comes and her skirt flies up in the air! I was dying laughing as I dove to put it down!
And then a few days after that we are all sitting in class doing our personal study so it's dead quiet and then all of a sudden someone rips one, loud. Sister Harris and I just look at each other and are like did that just really happen and we look around the class and then Elder Farb just slaps his palm to his forehead and says "that was louder than I thought it would be.." We were dying laughing, like we had to excuse ourselves from the room. It was bad.\
And one last funny story. So our classroom is on the fourth floor of the building so we (sisters) always take the stairs because that's really our only source of exercise so one night we are leaving the class and the elders are getting into the elevator as always and persuade us to go to so there are eight of us in the elevator and Elder Call comes up with this brilliant idea to jump so we're like okay! so as the elevator is going down we jump and of course, it stops. it breaks down. we were stuck in the elevator for like twenty minutes until campus police came and let us out! we were laughing and praying our little hearts out asking for forgiveness because it's one of the rules here to be "exactly obedient."
And even though we can all be a little goofy and have so much fun together we also have really great spiritual moments together that just touch my heart like I've never felt before. On Monday we taught our investigator Charly (who's really our teacher Sister Metzger who I love so so much!) and it was the best lesson ever! She is really progressing and I'm glad that she's able to know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father loves her so much. And they love you too! They love all of God's children.
The spirit here is just so strong. I see Kim almost every morning in the cafeteria and I just love seeing her darling face! She told me the other day that I was glowing? Ha I'm going to give the credit of that to the Spirit because it definitely is the reason.
I've grown so much in the past what ten days? I feel so much more love from God and a closer relationship to my savior Jesus Christ. I love love it here so much. Sorry I don't have much more time today and I wanted to attempt at getting pictures on here today so I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Love, xoxoxooxoxo,
Sister Davis
p.s. thank you for the letters and notes and packages! (Bro and Sis Kent, thank you really!) It's amazing how much love I get from a jar of Nutella...
pps katherine.davis@myldsmail.net is my email :)




No comments:

Post a Comment