.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, June 2, 2014

Roller Coaster...Literally!

Not only has this week been up and down but after district meeting on Tuesday we had a real life human roller coaster and it was aaaamazing! Put the chairs two by two in a row, sat down, and enjoyed the ride! Killlerrrr! I got a video of it but it's waay too big to send so you'll just have to wait until I get home. It was like a real roller coaster though, with the nerves and thrill and screams and everything! EXHILARATING. That kept me pumped for days. Still makes me laugh thinking about it. I have an awesome district. Three of the five elders going home this transfer are in my district and we still manage to have wonderfully spiritual meetings so it's nice. Only 2 of them are trunked out of their minds. 

We met a wonderful woman named Sara this week! She isn't interested in learning about our church but she welcomed the service we offered so Friday afternoon we found ourselves in her front lawn doing some yard work together! It was so much fun. We are like bff's now and she even took us out to lunch after and suggested that we go shopping together sometime haha She's hilarious and the most honest woman ever. Someday, her and her family will be baptized and be able to be together forever! That's my prayer for her.

We actually did lots of service this week. Since the weather is nice we have been spending lots of time outside. Last p-day we all played soccer together and it ended up pouring rain on us! It was so much fun! Who knows what we'll do today..looks like rain again! Lots and lots of rain. Hopefully it doesn't flood again this summer. As much as it helped the community grow closer together last year I'm sure people would get super p.o.ed about have to rebuild for the second time..no bueno. Oh well whatever happens happens!
This weekend was Stake Conference. President Eyring, Elder Holland, Sister Burton, and Elder?fromthe70 did a special broadcast from Salt Lake to ALL the stakes across Canada and it was so neat! It was personalized just for Canadians and felt like the whole time they were talking directly to me. There was even a bit where Elder Holland I swear was looking right into my soul!!!! The conference was focused on missionary work being the work of love for our eternal family. It was wonderful!! Lots of revelation. I had my handy dandy notebook out and took lots of notes. The little girl sitting next to me, Elyse (11), noticed that both Sister Smith and I were writing thoughts down so she took out her iPod that she'd previously been playing Angry Birds on to also type out some thoughts she got! haha it was cute. She asked me all kinds of questions because as she explained to me she's "having anxiety about God" lately. She'd become quite fond of me by the end of the conference that her mum invited us over to their house for supper! They weren't in our ward but we got permission to go any way and it was loads of fun! 

Have a great week!!!


I love you all so much!
xoxoxo,
Sister Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment